2020 Meeting Dates and Letter from the President
The 2020 AMAAB Conference and Workshop, SFS testing, and all other associated activities scheduled for 4/1/2020 – 4/3/2020 will be cancelled due to concerns over Coronavirus. The AMAAB Planning Board deliberated intensely about this decision, and as the situation evolved it became evident that we have a responsibility to refrain from encouraging such a large meeting of geographically distant people. Furthermore, the resulting loss of attendance and facilitators would not lend to a quality meeting.
Cacapon State Park has been made aware of our decision. They have proactively cancelled all lodging reservations associated with the AMAAB meeting. If you are unsure whether you indicated that you were with that room-block when you made your reservation, please call and confirm with the lodge that your reservation was cancelled. If you made reservations with a different area hotel, please remember to call and cancel your reservation.
Thank you to everyone who has already paid their registration fee via PayPal! We will be issuing refunds for all processed payments over the course of this week. If you have already paid, but do not hear from someone or notice a refund by Friday (3/20), please reach out to email@example.com and ‘cc’ our treasurer Mike Selckmann Gmselckmann@icprb.org to bring it to our attention.
We apologize for any disappointments caused by this situation. We are discussing other options for the 2020 meeting, including the possibility of rescheduling the conference in the fall or having a “digital conference” via YouTube. We have not yet reached any decisions regarding this, but we will keep you informed. The 2021 meeting is planned for 3/30/2021-4/1/2021, and it will be unaffected by this years’ decision.
Thank you for your enthusiasm for aquatic biology, your willingness to participate in the meeting, and for your understanding during these unusual circumstances.
2020 AMAAB President